I have both a BA and MA in Integrated Psychotherapy from CIT, Cork. They are recognised as professional training courses by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and satisfy the professional accreditation requirements of this body. I am a fully accredited member of IACP and follow a strict code of ethics and professionalism.
My qualifications include:
- BA Hons Degree and MA in Integrated Psychotherapy (CIT, CORK)
- Level 1-3 Training in EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Level 1 Training of Internal Family Systems (IFS) Richard Schwartz
- Diploma in Life and Executive Coaching with Positive Success Group
- ITEC Diploma in Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Lymphatic Drainage, Indian Head Massage, and On-site & Body Massage
- Integrated Energy Therapy - level 1-3 (IET)
- NLP training
- Workshops in Adlerian Psychology
- PA for Irish Wheelchair Association
- Samaritans and Crisis Pregnancy Counselling
- Ashrama teacher for 2 years working with Indian children in a small boarding school near Delhi, India
- Nursing experience (BCH) Belfast
- Working with the Corrymeela Community, Co. Antrim
- Motherhood with 3 children and 2 young grand-daughters
I use a Humanistic, Integrative approach to counselling with the help of Relational Psychotherapy, Gestalt, Person Centred, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness, Visualisation, Meditation, IFS, EMDR, CBT, Body Awareness, Reality Therapy and Personality Styles, along with various NLP and Life
Using these methods, my aim is to help you find a means to work through and hopefully heal or resolve any area of conflict and access healthier self-awareness and a diverse range of resources to achieve this and get back in the driving seat of your own life again.
What is the difference between Counselling and Psychotherapy
Counselling usually explores an immediate issue such as a family or relationship conflict. It is often short term and not as thorough or extensive as Psychotherapy, which further explores the client's thought processes and way of being in the world. The skills and tools of Counselling and Psychotherapy can overlap or become integrated according to the client's needs. A client may be suffering from depression or anxiety after being made unemployed. Counselling may explore this as one or two specific issues. Psychotherapy may further explore the client's overall well being and functioning on a deeper level especially if underlying or related issues become more
apparent as well.
Counselling Cork City Counsellors in Cork, Counselling Cork City, Cork Counselling, Depression Anxiety, Grief of Loss, Anger, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Cork City, Counselling Cork Counsellors Cork City, Counselling Cork City, Cork City Counselling, Depression Anxiety, Grief of Loss, Anger, Counselling and Psychotherapy,
Counsellors and Psychotherapists,